Covermore - C4040
40x40x15 Container Shelter w/Heavy Duty 21 oz PVC Cover
$995 Flat Rate Shipping
Container Shelter 40′ W x 40′ L x 15′ H
Heavy Duty 21 oz. PVC Fabric Cover
Twist Lock Mounting – No Welding Required
Container Spacing 38′ 6″
The 40 x 40 x 15 model provides the most square footage of shelter as well as the height needed for large equipment to fit under.
- Model Size: 40’Wx40’Lx15’H
- Twist Lock Mounting Design: No Welding Required
- Comes with interlocking mechanisms to secure to your container roof. This container shelter could also be installed between 2 “pony walls” or mounted to the top of concrete blocks (the twist-locks would need to be cut off if not installed onto containers)
- Space your containers apart for this shelter model: 38’6”
- Arch Spacing: 6.5ft (7 arches)
- Arch Tubes: 3″ round, 15 gauge galvanized steel
- Purlin Tubes: 2.46’ round, 17 gauge galvanized steel
- Arch Ceiling Height: 15′ above your base, so will be 23.5′ when installed on top of standard height (8.5′) containers and 24.5′ when installed on top of high cube height (9.5′) containers.
- Cover: 21 oz PVC
– fire retardant
– water resistant
– UV protected
– solid white color
– estimated lifespan 7-10 years
PE vs PVC fabric and why we choose PVC for our Container Shelters:
Both (PE) polyethylene and PVC are waterproof, but PVC is more so. Additionally, PVC is much more fire-resistant than polyethylene because the chlorine atoms it releases during a fire inhibit the process of combustion.
Poly vinyl (PVC) is made from the polymerizing of vinyl chloride monomer. Additional stabilizers and plasticizers are added to increase its light and heat resistant properties and increase its elasticity. These properties make PVC suitable for various industrial applications. PVC fabric is durable and designed to last a long time. PVC fabric is thicker than PE fabric, weighing between 20-28 ounces psf.
Compared to PE, PVC fabric has a higher tear strength, making it a popular choice for fabric buildings and container shelters that are exposed to high UV rays, strong winds and other extreme conditions.
PE fabric is a lighter type of architectural fabric, commonly weighing 12 to 15 ounces psf, with a shorter lifespan than PVC. PE fabric does self-clean very well when it rains and it is about 5% more light translucent than PVC.
Solid White Cover and Why It’s Important:
The solid white cover is very important because the dyed ends (usually green) that you see on some tension fabric buildings is a weak point in the cover. The dyed ends do not have the same ability to withstand UV rays as the undyed white fabric.
We have received report after report from previous owners of hail penetrating the colored ends, but not the main white part, reports of the cover tearing at the seam where it transitions to the dyed end, and we have personally noticed excessive fading which can lead to premature failure of the cover.
The Shipping Fee is $995
There is a flat rate of $995 for shipping this container shelter via flatbed to an address with a forklift or equivalent to unload.
Our container shelters have a variety of uses such as: vehicle garage, equipment & machining storage, sports & recreation, and aviation. Other uses include: environmental, agriculture equipment, animal shelters, government, hospitality & conventions, rv and boat storage, on-site work shelters, landscaping storage, manufacturing, job site warehouse, mineral storage, mining, oil & gas, part and warehouse storage, as well as other numerous shelter and storage needs!